Whew! That was a doozy!
Okay last night I took the AZ-700 Azure Network Engineer Associate beta certification exam. Although I will not get my official score back for at least 4-6 weeks, what I can say is that it was a doozy!
My exam has the following: app service, networking and apps, gateway subnet Powershell code, Azure Front Door, Traffic Manager routing methods, virtual machine, virtual network, network security group, ExpressRoute and network rules.
I am thankful that I have waited until the very end to sit for my beta exam. That enables me to benefit from practice exams that have come out over this past weekend. I also get to read prior beta test taskers’ feedback and adjust accordingly.
What I will say is that all of the resources that I have mentioned in my resource post help a whole lot. However, I am adding some more resources to help you if you decide to sit for the AZ-700 beta exam
Microsoft Learn Learning Paths – These Are Free
- AZ-104: Networking for Administrators (virtual machines, virtual network, endpoints, Firewall) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/paths/az-104-manage-virtual-networks/
- Introduction to Azure Network Security Services https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/paths/introduction-azure-networking-services/
- Introduction to Secure Network Infrastructure with Network Security Services https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/paths/secure-networking-infrastructure/
- Architect Network Infrastructure in Azure (Traffic Manager, App gateway, Virtual WAN, Front Door, ExpressRoute) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/paths/architect-network-infrastructure/
- Implement Network Security in Azure (App Gateway lab exercise, service endpoint, network monitoring) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/paths/implement-network-security/
- Introduction To Application Service Delivery with Azure Network Security (Bastion, Front Door, Private Link, Web Application Firewall) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/paths/secure-application-delivery/
I have used these free Microsoft Learn learning paths to get my hands dirty with labs and beef up on my Azure networking knowledge beyond the official AZ-700 learning path.
So that’s it. I will await my score. In the meantime check out all of my resources on this page and my previous blog post if you’re going to sit for the AZ-700 Azure Network Engineer Associate beta exam
Join Carla's Correspondence!
Sign up to get our latest and greatest content by email.