On Pi Day (March 14, 2022) I passed my SC-200 Security Operations Analyst retake exam. I was very happy because 1) I cleared this hurdle; 2) it is my second Microsoft Security certification exam (I passed the SC-900 beta exam in April 2021.); it qualified me to sit for the SC-100 Cybersecurity Architect beta exam in April 2022.
Here are the resources that I used to pass my retake:
- SC-200 Microsoft Learn learning path
- MS-500 part 2 Microsoft Learn learning path (I am more Azure than Microsoft 365. This helped me learn that side.)
- Skillcertpro SC-200 practice exams
- TestPrepTraining practice exams
- Udemy practice exam
- Microsoft Security Community YouTube channel – had a lot of newer videos which helped me especially with them changing the names from Azure to Microsoft Defender (ex – Azure Defender is now paired with Azure Security Center and renamed Microsoft Defender for the Cloud). Azure Defender, Azure Security Center and Microsoft Defender 365 YouTube video and Security Days Event – Azure Security Center, Azure Defender YouTube video
- LinkedIn comments from other people passing their exams!
Two things: 1) use my December 2021 Microsoft Cloud Skills Challenge exam voucher to pass my AZ-500 exam (I have been putting this off for over 1 year! I dropped AZ-500 last summer to sit for the AZ-700 beta exam [I passed!]) and 2) sit for the SC-100 Cybersecurity Architect beta exam in April 2022. Passing this SC-100 qualifies me for the brand-new Certified Cybersecurity Architect Expert distinction. I will be one of the FIRST to get it too!
FYI – If your business needs any help managing its security needs, get in touch with me at www.carlarjenkins.com/contact
Join Carla's Correspondence!
Sign up to get our latest and greatest content by email.