Great news! AWS Community Builders approved me for another year! I received the email yesterday morning. I was so happy because that meant that I would learn even more about AWS and cloud but also have another year this blog series!
I rarely shoot videos for this series (this may change with year 2) but watch my thank you video
Now to the nitty gritty:
How did I get my renewal application approved?
- Consistency:I started This Week In AWS Community blog post in June 2021 one month after getting accepted into the program. I have been diligently blogging about AWS and this program every single week since (You can go and check the archives here.). That means that I have 11 months’ worth of content.
- Continuous Learning: I have been attending AWS machine learning events to improve my knowledge of the material. I have also applied and gotten accepted into AWS She Builds training program to renew my Solutions Architect Associate certification. I am doing something AWS-related to become a better professional.
- Visibility: You are seen as an AWS ambassador when you are in the AWS Community Builder program. How well your content performs is a determination of being accepted into the program. I have used my This Week In AWS Community blog series to increase my website traffic carlarjenkins.com . The program manager liking my content especially on LinkedIn and YouTube helps because he’s an advocate on my behalf.
What’s Next for Year 2?
I am ramping up my content, visibility and learning by doing more. Year 1 has given me a baseline into what I should expect. Below are my year 2 goals:
- Land a full-time cloud job. I did land an Azure contract but I am aiming for a full-time job in the industry.
- AWS Community Hero: I mean why not especially since I am creating content and helping others get certified.
- Pass My AWS Solutions Architect Professional: I was studying for this in April but sitting for the SC-100 Cybersecurity Architect beta exam got in the way. I will restart this after renewing my Solutions Architect Associate this May.
- Pass My Machine Learning Specialty: I am in the machine learning track so why not? Besides I am much more confident in my intermediate and advanced-level cloud skills now versus when I started the program. Since starting AWS Community Builders, I passed my Azure AI Engineer certification, so I had accumulated enough AI/ML knowledge to get to the next level.
- Get another voucher and sit for either Security or Big Data: I have two Microsoft Security certifications (and probably three by July 2022). I want my AWS learning to mirror my Azure learning. Getting another free exam voucher will help me get closer towards that.
Join Carla's Correspondence!
Sign up to get our latest and greatest content by email.